1. When all the other TOGs are out shooting and you’re stuck indoors editing 8 weddings and a christening.
2. Still having 8 weddings and a christening left to edit and deliver when all you want to do is nap.
3. When you’ve been editing WAYYYYYY too long…
4. Wearing whatever you want to work because you work from home.
5. When you have to leave for an evening shoot after editing all day.
6. Trying to motivate yourself to get some work done.
7. When you finally finish editing a project.
8. Browsing for expensive new equipment online (that you SO cannot afford right now).
9. When someone asks you what lens you want to buy next.
10. When you finally decide what lens you’re going to buy next.
11. And then you see the brand new, just released f/1.2 version that costs £1,000 extra but is sooooo pretty…
12. Deciding what is appropriate to wear for the super formal wedding you’re shooting tomorrow.
13. When you pick up your second shooter for today’s wedding and you know it’s going to be an awesome day.
14. When you both finally finish working at midnight after staying late for their sparkler exit and race to McDonald’s for nourishment.
15. When kids see your camera and find out you’re a photographer.
16. When you’re shooting and you first smell the wedding food.
17. Trying to get 100 guests together and looking at you for a group photo.
18. When you’re taking professional photos and someone blocks your shot to take a picture with their smart phone.
19. Trying to get kids to smile for photos.
20. When someone compliments your camera.
21. And says “your camera must take good photos.”
22. When you forget to remove the lens cap…
23. When someone asks you to shoot “for exposure”.
24. When someone books your biggest package.
25. When the sun is at that awful angle…
26. When people can’t look at the camera at the same time for 3 seconds…
27. When a website uses your images without crediting you.
28. When you find your images in someone else’s portfolio.
29. Almost blinding people with your flash.
30. Finding other photographer buddies.
31. When you leave the house and realise you forgot your memory cards.
32. When a client doesn’t like your photo.
33. When a photographer says mean things about your work on the forum.
34. Nailing that perfect shot.
35. When the bride and groom prepare special vows and they’re absolutely beautiful.
36. When your battery dies.
37. Trying to email everybody back after a late shoot.
38. Trying to blend in and look like a guest at the wedding.
39. When a potential client decides to go with another photographer.
40. The need to go anywhere and take pictures constantly.
41. When a client leaves you great feedback.
42. When you nearly drop your camera.
43. When it’s time to update your website.
44. When shooting newborns and babies…
45. When you realise you wouldn’t trade it for anything…